Wifi Powered by
Please see attendants at the Registration Area located on the Main Street Concourse of Appalachian Wireless Arena.
SOAR is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that is a champion for Appalachia Kentucky. Through collaboration and innovation, we have established a network of partners, representing individuals, organizations, and businesses, who unequivocally believe THERE IS A FUTURE IN APPALACHIA.
- The SOAR Summit is an annual convening that sets the stage for our partners to share their work and the transformative impact it is making across Appalachia Kentucky. It is a space where ideas are shared and opportunities are identified through sessions that allow participants to contribute and network with peers, business leaders, non-profit organizations, elected officials, and state and federal funding agencies.
- The 2019 SOAR Summit is located in the same venue as years past. Earlier this year, the East Kentucky Expo Center was renamed Appalachian Wireless Arena. The address of the facility is 126 Main Street, Pikeville, KY.
- Yes. The City of Pikeville offers a variety of parking options within walking distance to Appalachian Wireless Arena. This includes a Parking Garage on Hambley Blvd., the Pikeville Campus of Big Sandy Community and Technical College, and the Riverfill Parking Area located behind the BB&T Bank Building on Main Street.
- Yes. Please see an attendant at the Registration Area located at the Main Street Concourse to inquire about ticket availability. The Reception will be at Alltech’s Dueling Barrels Brewery & Distillery (745 Hambley Blvd. in Pikeville, KY). This is a short walk from the Arena and local hotels.
- Restrooms are located in throughout the concourse of the Arena.
The City of Pikeville has a variety of parking options for those attending the Summit. These include a Parking Garage on Hambley Boulevard just blocks from the arena. Additional parking is available in the Riverfill (behind the BB&T Building on Main Street), and at Big Sandy Community and Technical College (120 South Riverfill Drive).
The City of Pikeville will be operating a shuttle service from two locations near the arena: First Baptist Church of Pikeville (126 Fourth Street) and Cornerstone Christian Church (222 Hambley Boulevard).
Here is a rundown of the Shuttle Schedule throughout the Summit:
11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. | Shuttle to run from overflow parking at First Baptist Church and Cornerstone Church to the Arena on a continuous loop.
1:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. | Shuttle will run from Arena to Hilton Garden Inn on continuous loop for Blueprint Goal Discussion Sessions.
4 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Shuttle will run from Arena to Hilton Garden Inn and to all parking areas.
6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. | Shuttle will run from Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn to Dueling Barrels, and Overflow Parking Lots for Reception and Networking Area at the Appalachian Center for the Arts.
Friday, September 6
7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. | Shuttle will run from overflow parking at First Baptist Church and Cornerstone Church to the Arena on a continuous loop.
1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Shuttle will run from overflow parking at First Baptist Church and Cornerstone Church to the Arena on a continuous loop.
Parking is located...